- Content repurposing is an effective way to get the most out of your current material by giving it a new purpose.
- Repurposing your existing content saves you time and energy.
- Choosing the appropriate channel to deliver your content is essential for its success, so take your time and select wisely.
Generating distinctive pieces of content regularly can be intimidating. Putting together a post takes careful thought and effort, which could lead to emotional exhaustion if done too frequently.
So, how can you produce more without investing all your time? Repurpose!
You can take the ideas from existing posts in your archives and tailor them specifically for different audiences.
It’s simpler than starting with a blank page every single time!
By repurposing your old content, you save yourself stress-inducing long hours while creating fresh material that keeps readers engaged.
So, allow this blog to guide you through repurposing your content with minimal effort.
What Is Content Repurposing?
Content repurposing, or content recycling, is the perfect way to maximize your current material by giving it a new purpose. As you create fresh and stimulating content for your readership, you can use this chance to strategize different ways of reutilizing an article to reach its fullest potential.
Reusing what you have created can prove highly beneficial. It saves time and energy from starting over again and provides readers with exciting topics!
Repurposing offers the perfect opportunity to take advantage of successful ideas and save significant time crafting various content types. With repurposing, you can quickly transform an idea into multiple formats with minimal effort.Repurposing offers the perfect opportunity to take advantage of successful ideas and save significant time crafting various content types. Click To Tweet
What Are the Benefits You Can Get from Your Repurposing Content?
Repurposing offers the perfect opportunity to take advantage of successful ideas and save significant time crafting various content types.
With repurposing, you can quickly transform an idea into various formats with minimal effort. It also allows you to reach a wider audience for your brand.
Here are the benefits of repurposing content:
1. Elevating Your Online Presence
Combining SEO and content marketing can give us a bevy of additional search tools to draw traffic when we reuse our content in different forms.
Did you know that Google reports 15% of online searches have never been asked before? That’s right!
By creating a more prominent digital presence with multiple keywords related to the same topic, businesses can better attract people looking for something more specific than what everyone else is competing for.
This differentiates you from all the other businesses that are likely focusing on just a handful of keywords.
Reusing your content makes it more visible and open to engagement. This also allows you to rank higher on search engines, making people more likely to see your campaigns.
2. Creating Your Content on Different Mediums
Maximize the potential viewership of your content by creating multiple versions, such as infographics, ebooks, presentations, blog posts, and more.
This will provide different avenues for viewers to access information in the way that interests them most since everyone has preferences regarding the content they see.
So, it is vital to comprehend how your target audience interacts with other mediums if you want success.
3. Increase Your Conversion Rates
When you transform and share your content on multiple platforms, you dramatically increase the probability of it being distributed.
As you share your message in various innovative ways over time, it will have more excellent retention and impact and allow you to articulate what you’re doing from multiple perspectives.
As your brand gains more visibility, buyers needing your services or products will recognize your business first.
Over time, this recognition can guarantee that potential customers come to you for their needs.
Best Practices to Repurpose Your Content
Before you jump into content repurposing, which has become increasingly popular in the world of content marketing, make sure to keep these simple rules top-of-mind:
- Maximize the reach and longevity of your content by repurposing it so that its worth is extended far beyond the time spent creating it.
- Modify and tailor the content to fit the medium for maximum appeal.
- Craft your content that can be repurposed, as this will make for a simpler and more time-efficient production process.
- Increasingly build on and add value to content with each step of the repurposing process.
Choosing the Right Content to Repurpose
Unearthing content worthy of reuse can be time-consuming, so why not begin with your blog archives?
Check out posts that had outstanding success previously or are still applicable today.
These usually demonstrate extreme value when it comes to repurposing them.
If you want to identify content that is worthwhile repurposing, here are some helpful guidelines:
1. Begin with One Core Idea
To make sure your content remains relevant for an extended time, it may be beneficial to repurpose topics that are still relevant years later.
For example, consider how else the topic can be used instead of writing blog posts about the most up-to-date swimsuit trends just for summertime.
By creating multiple angles around this same concept, you will not only lengthen your website’s life expectancy but also attract more visitors consistently.
2. Identify the Blog Posts That Have Achieved the Highest Results
By parsing through your analytics, you can uncover the blog posts that have resonated with your readers.
If other metrics agree, be sure that others outside this demographic would benefit from the post too.
The only problem is they won’t know it exists!
To ensure more people come across and enjoy your gems, publishing on various platforms will spread the word and attract their attention for a rewarding experience.
3. Search for Content That Can Be Developed upon or Deconstructed
Repurposing a piece of content is straightforward, and you can do so in many ways.
Try partitioning the material into smaller subsections or adding more comprehensive details that weren’t initially included.
If you’d like to go further, consider converting your content into listicles; they make for excellent foundations if you create fresh content around each topic.
Moreover, shift long-form whitepapers into multiple blog posts and videos to enable your audience to ingest your message, whatever fits them best!
Strategies for Repurposing Your Content
Once you have selected the content that needs to breathe a new life, here are some simple steps you can take to repurpose it and maximize its effect.
1. Define Your Goal
Before you create any new content, determine the objective of your repurposing strategy.
Would you like to fill gaps in existing material?
Reach a different demographic that has yet to be tapped into? Or to generate supportive content to establish one of your most critical organic traffic sources?
To maximize success, identify the best tool for the job and use it as intended. Then its total capacity will be unlocked and help propel your goals to fruition!
2. Choose the Perfect Piece
After you’ve determined the goals of your content repurposing, it’s time to identify which pieces are best suited for achieving these objectives.
Select an item that meets all criteria. If you focus on a particular product or service in another sector, choose one that centers around said services and products.
By doing so, you can be confident that this material will help you reach those aims with success.
3. Determine What Channels/Mediums You Will Use
You must ensure the format matches your objectives when repurposing your existing content. To help make this process easier, here are a few suggestions of formats that could work best:
- Social media posts — You can maximize your reach and spread the word by repurposing content as a series of tailored social media posts. This is an excellent way to customize your message for platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more, creating greater resonance with audiences across multiple channels.
- Guest posts — Inviting external contributors to write for your blog is an incredible way of adding many perspectives and specialties to your content. This can help attract new readers and create engagement with those already familiar with it. Moreover, reusing material from other websites into guest posts allows you to expand the impact of your work by drawing more attention to it while simultaneously cross-promoting between platforms.
- Online courses — Crafting an online course does not need to start from the beginning. Reusing preexisting material is a great jumping-off point for launching your own digital content! This includes blog posts, existing courses, physical books, publications, recordings of talks or lectures held at live events such as webinars or podcasts, and even tangible products that can be changed into virtual forms.
- Ebooks — Ebooks are a fantastic way to present an argument or case study that requires more detail than what can be provided in blog posts. This format offers the bonus of repurposing content into educational material, research briefs, or industry reports quickly and easily. Additionally, they allow readers to digest multiple related blog posts simultaneously!
- Newsletters — Filling your newsletter with captivating excerpts can engage readers and entice them to click through for more. Use screenshots or embedded tweets as a visual accompaniment, providing unique perspectives on your repurposing content. You can offer fantastic value while driving direct traffic in one powerful email!
- Youtube videos — Capturing your audience’s attention is vital when creating a video using existing content. Therefore, ensure the video is engaging and exciting by editing it properly and making it visually appealing with memorable music, captions, and other visuals. Increase the video’s viewership by optimizing for search engine discovery with appropriate tags and descriptions to make it more accessible.
- Podcasts — or audio recordings of conversations and other material, can be the ideal way to repurpose original content. It is perfect for audiences who prefer listening over watching or reading.
- Infographics — Don’t just tell a story. Show it! Infographics are the perfect way to repurpose existing content in an attractive visual format. Not only do they offer complex facts and data from ebooks or blog posts at a glance, but their ability to be shared on social media sites makes them especially ideal for connecting with millennials online.
Picking the ideal channel is vital to crafting and distributing your content effectively, so choose wisely.
4. Conduct Research and Development
It’s time to maximize your content by completing thorough competitive research.
Start with exploring the keyword gap, which will provide a roadmap for producing new pieces of content. Survey what is driving search engine results and decide how to enhance them further.
Once you’ve figured out the type and keywords that best meet your needs, craft them into quality material before releasing it to an audience, then track its progress all along!
Ways to Repurposing Your Content
Now that you have the essential strategies, it’s time to make your content even more stimulating and captivating by putting these innovative repurposing methods into action!
1. Transform Your Whitepaper or Research Report into a Blog Post
Take the power of data-driven whitepapers and reports to craft persuasive blog posts that will captivate your readers. For continuous engagement, release a series of blogs based on these insights over time—it’ll gradually draw in more followers while piquing their interest!
2. Transform a Blog Post into an Engaging Twitter Thread or Captivating LinkedIn Post
You can unlock the full potential of your blog post by using subheadings and forming a convincing Twitter thread.
Moreover, you can apply this same technique to LinkedIn or Facebook instead of simply summarizing, so you can choose one topic from the article that needs further exploration.
This way, you will have 3-4 quality content pieces to distribute on social media platforms — amplifying your reach and engagement in no time!
2. Transform Blog Graphics into Eye-Catching Visuals to Post on Social Media Platforms
Crafting visuals to accompany your blog posts requires extra attention to be adapted appropriately and shared on different social media platforms.
It is essential that whoever takes charge of creating these graphics also remembers to resize and modify the images accordingly. This should absolutely become a part of their regular duties.
3. Curate Infographics from Blog Content
Maximize the reach and impact of your content by converting key takeaways into captivating infographics — this could potentially boost readership by up to 80%.
You’re not in this alone, as 67% of B2B marketers already leverage these visual elements for more engagement.
Sharing these eye-catching graphics on social media platforms like Pinterest can help you extend your reach even further!
4. Turn Your Written Content into an Engaging Video Format
Are you looking to diversify your content? Video is the perfect answer.
Spruce up your blog post with a video of yourself discussing the significant findings from research or summarizing what readers can expect in your content — and no YouTube channel is required!
Another option would be creating helpful tutorials using Loom that are related to the topics discussed thoroughly in your blog, which you can then embed on the page immediately.
5. Record Audio Content from Blog Content
Incorporate an audio version of your blog post on the page and make it available to those readers who’d rather listen than read. You could turn some of your posts into podcast episodes, giving you a larger audience reach.
For maximum impact, try going both ways. Put podcasts onto your blog or transform a few articles into engaging sound bites!
6. Transform Related Blog Posts into a Comprehensive Ebook
You can turn your newsletter content into a captivating round-up blog post or ebook. Use the main takeaway points to craft slides, then upload them on SlideShare for even greater visibility.
7. Turn Blog Posts into PDF or Gated Content
You can use your blog content to create a helpful PDF, checklist, or template and offer it as an incentive for readers who join your email list. Not only does this act as an excellent resource for those interested in learning about the topic you’re discussing, but it’s also instrumental in growing your contact base!
8. Enhance Your Blog Content’s Reach by Sharing It on Quora or through Email Campaigns
You can maximize the potential of your blog content by repurposing it for email campaigns or answering questions on Quora. You can even craft a captivating week-long email course using previously created material. Doing this allows you to reach more people and get greater returns from the same effort.
Transform your existing content into captivating and impactful pieces using the discussed steps. It will help maximize your audience reach and engagement for your content and brand.
By leveraging the techniques you’ve learned from this blog, you can now create more content without draining your ideas bank.
With minimal effort and time, you’ll be rolling out fresh and unique content in no time.
Content Hacker is the perfect choice to help you repurpose your content, reinvigorate it with fresh ideas, and captivate new audiences. Our specialty is crafting proactive marketing plans that will guarantee success and provide long-term growth for your business. We apply strategies that will bring maximum impact tailored for your organization’s one-of-a-kind needs!
Schedule your free consultation with us today!